Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tuitorial 3 part b

To say i am obsessed with the internet is an understatement. It has so much to offer, you can do basically everything on here and i love it because of that. I have been using the internet for about 5 years (obviously alot more now than i used to) I sent my first email in 2006 so a late beginner in regards to chat sites (msn, myspace, facebook, email) but now it has a huge place in my life and heart.Keeping intouch with international friends has become so much easier, now with the click of a few buttons you can be chatting with your friends on the other side of the world. After travelling Europe last year the internet lets me stay up to date with the happenings of my friends.I also see the internet as a way of meeting new friends (because after all you can never have to many friends). I have alot of friends on the internet i have never met, due to distance or just because it is better left a mystery (would we really get on this well in real life). The internet is a form of dream land... Internet dating is a huge social network and it is a very exciting concept to be able to do a search on your perfect man.... so many possibilities...I was influenced to start using the internet for information for assignments at high school and then once influenced to use the internet for communicating with friends when the man i love moved overseas (hence my first email).. Will not go into that because it is a tragic love story (worse than Romeo and Juliette ..hmmm...no death involved, as yet.Privacy is a huge issue, it scares me that someone at any time can hack one of your accounts, not that i have anything worth getting but still, it is your private world that is invaded. I have virus protection on my computer and i never open applications or emails that are from an unknown source and never send my details via internet unless it is a secure line (but what does that really mean?????...hmmm...am very weary)

No comments: